Blundstone

Our story begins when the Blundstones arrive in Hobart in the 1850s, following a 93-day boat journey from England. John Blundstone and Sons is founded in 1870. Blundstone started importing boots from England before making boots from locally sourced leathers.

A defining moment for Blundstone comes at the International Exhibition in Hobart in 1894 where our footwear are deemed ‘exceptional’, ‘exceedingly well made’, and ‘second to none’ – a sign of good things to come.

Blundstone supplied every description of men’s, women’s and children’s boots designed to be lived and worked in, in the beautiful but harsh Tasmanian landscape.